Join Burley's Family Home Care
Current job vacancies: Home Care Assistant/Support Worker
- The time you need to make a difference to service users' lives
- Family owned and run
- A friendly and welcoming work environment
- Personal development programme and ongoing professional training to help you develop your career
We pride ourselves on being different. We're committed to giving our service users a high quality of care delivered in a compassionate and dignified way. We treat our service users as people, not just clients.
We provide all of our carers with full induction training, ongoing mentoring and professional training so that they can deliver excellent support in a friendly and caring way.
Home Care Assistant/Support Worker
Joining Burleys is the first step towards a rewarding career in care. Because we are a family run care company we are passionate about the care we provide.
Are you looking for a new job?
• Do you have a caring nature?
• Are you enthusiastic and reliable?
• Are you a car driver?
If you can answer yes to all these questions, we would love to hear from you.
We are recruiting now for Homecare Assistants/Support Workers who can demonstrate compassion and empathy in their approach to caring for people within Ferndown, Ringwood & Highcliffe and surrounding villages.
Burleys Home Care is a family owned business proud to offer exceptional quality homecare, enabling many people to live independently in their own homes.
As a Homecare Assistant you will be providing personal care and support through a variety of tasks which helps to make a true and real difference to peoples lives.
"I find my job extremely fulfilling with endless job satisfaction because I make a real difference to my service users' lives and no two days are ever the same which means I'm always evolving as a carer to improve on what I already do. As an employee at Burleys' I have training annually in all aspects of the job and have managed to gain a level 2 Health and Social Care qualification."
Kathryn, Domicillary Care Worker
What We're Looking For
• Personal qualities: Enthusiastic, caring, friendly, trustworthy, compassionate and reliable,
• Transport: You will hold a driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
• Flexibility: Your hours could include days, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
• Experience: Some previous experience of caring would be an advantage.
What We Offer
- Competitive rate of Pay including Travel Time between clients
- Flexible hours - daytime, evening and weekend shifts available
- Paid mileage allowance
- Guaranteed hours
- Choice of location:
- West Moors
- New Milton
- Up to 28 days holiday
- Comprehensive 5 day induction course
- Ongoing personal training plan, including professional training to QCF Level 3 in Health and Social Care
At Burley's we pride ourselves on the high standards of care we provide to our service users. We'll give you the time to make a difference to the lives of the people you work with. You'll be assigned your own client list, meaning you can get to know the person you're caring for and understand what's needed to make their life easier.
Experience as a carer is an advantage, but what we're really looking for is heart. To be a carer you need compassion, empathy and enthusiasm for helping service users to be as independent as possible. You need to respect their dignity and privacy while helping them to live their own lives.
We are currently seeking an Lead Supervisor/Care Co-ordinator to lead, mentor and motivate a localised team of care workers. You will help to improve outcomes for service users by supporting our committed team and writing care plans and practical knowledge of CQC regulation is essential.
Manage supervisors and care assistants to provide safe, effective care and support that responds to each customer’s needs and preferences. Support each Services User to live their life the way that they choose as far as they are able. Respect customers’ choices and promote their dignity and privacy at all times.
- Create and agree a written individually tailored plan of care and support that respects the customer’s wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks. Keep care and support plans up to date and escalate concerns without delay
- Distribute, collect and monitor MAR charts and act appropriately on findings
- Take part in the out of hours emergency on-call rota as and when required. Effectively deal with emergency on-call issues, for example covering calls either directly or indirectly when care assistants are sick or absent. Record emergency calls and pass the information to appropriate parties
This list is not exhaustive and additional duties may be required.
Further information and requirements • NVQ Level 3 or equivalent • The successful candidate is required to work flexible hours.
Above all, we are looking for Supervisor/Care Co-ordinator who is reliable and flexible with good communication and leadership skills, as well as show attention to detail. If you are excited by this opportunity and would like to find out more, please click 'Apply’.
Apply for carer jobs
We're currently recruiting for Home Care Assistants/Support Workers in the
Verwood & Ferndown,
Ringwood & Fordingbridge,
Highcliffe & New Milton areas.
Taunton, Wellington & Wiveliscombs
If you would like to learn more about this role or wish to apply, please complete the form below and a member of the team will call you to discuss.