Lead Supervisor/Care Co-Ordinator
Location: Ferndown, Verwood, Ringwood, Fordingbridge and the surrounding villages
The Burley's philosophy is all about being on the ground, meeting service users personally; this way we get to know and develop a personal relationship with all of our clients outside of the office. We’re not about tick-list jobs and clock watching. We care for people, not names on a rota, and that’s more than a job.
We are currently seeking a Lead Supervisor/Care Co-ordinator to lead, mentor and motivate a localised team of care workers. You will help to improve outcomes for service users by supporting our committed team and writing care plans, practical knowledge of CQC regulation is essential.
Manage supervisors and care assistants to provide safe, effective care and support that responds to each customer’s needs and preferences. Support each Service User to live their life the way that they choose as far as they are able. Respect customers’ choices and promote their dignity and privacy at all times.
- Prior to each service commencing, carry out an assessment of what the customer needs and what they would like to achieve from their care and support, together with a risk assessment
- Create and agree a written individually tailored plan of care and support that respects the customer’s wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks. Keep care and support plans up to date and escalate concerns without delay
- Lead and develop a team of supervisors and make sure work is allocated fairly. Provide advice, induction, training and supervision to the supervisor(s)
- Give care assistants information and guidance to safely provide care and support as agreed in the care and support plan. Provide induction, training and supervision to care assistants
- Attend the Service User's first call to introduce the care assistant. Report changes to care schedules without delay to the coordinator, customer and care assistant
- Distribute, collect and monitor MAR charts and act appropriately on findings
- Take part in the out of hours emergency on-call rota as and when required. Effectively deal with emergency on-call issues, for example covering calls either directly or indirectly when care assistants are sick or absent. Record emergency calls and pass the information to appropriate parties
- Monitor the performance of care assistants and carry out quality reviews at the customer’s home to make sure the service is being delivered in line with company procedures
- Apply Burley's Home Care policies and procedures at all times and make sure accidents and incidents are recorded, reported and acted upon
- Make sure that care and support is provided in line with regulations
- Work effectively with customers, their families and representatives, other social and health care professionals and managers and staff from Burleys Home Care to deliver high quality homecare services
This list is not exhaustive and additional duties may be required.
Further information and requirements • NVQ Level 3 or equivalent • The successful candidate is required to work flexible hours.