Dancing for Dignity 2022 burleys home care Team
We thought we would have a little fun whilst actively supporting the nationwide Campaign Dancing For Dignity.
At Burleys Home Care we are proud to be Dignity Champions and raising awareness about the importance of dignity, which is something we are very passionate about. Being a care worker is extremely rewarding and we always enjoy having a sense of humour and some light-hearted fun with our service users and our community.
What is Dignity in Care campaign?
The Dignity in Care campaign started in 2006 with the aim to stimulate debate around the need for people receiving care services to be treated with dignity and respect. The campaign is about winning hearts and minds, changing the culture of services and placing a greater emphasis on the quality of services in all walks of life, including, for example, banks, hospitals, care homes and domiciliary services.
The campaign is being led by the National Dignity Council. The work of the Council includes action to:
• raise awareness of dignity in care;
• inspire local people to take action in support of the campaign;
• share good practice and give impetus to positive innovation;
Where appropriate ensure that the approach of those delivering services contribute to individual well-being.
• transform services by supporting people and organisations in providing dignified services; and
• reward and recognise those staff and teams that make a difference and go the extra mile.
In support of this campaign, people across the country from all walks of life are signing up as Dignity Champions